- Open both reports
- Make a back-up copy of the "finance report" (the one you are going to change) by doing a save-as under a different name
- Now, go to the supply chain report that has the cool chart. You could use the Window menu to select the other report. Click on the chart so that the chart is selected (when the chart is selected the title bar at the top of the chart changes color).
- Select Edit->Copy from the menu
- Switch over to the report you are going to change, the "finance report" in this example. Make sure you are looking at the finance report and select the tab where you want the chart to appear
- Select Edit->Paste from the menu and the cool chart will get pasted into the finance report. It will appear in approximately the same position on the sheet that it occupied on the original report.
- Finish up by moving the chart to the position you want, make any required changes to chart properties (like data field names or title, etc.) and save the changed report
You can use this method to past a sheet object into several different reports or paste the same sheet object into multiple tabs on the same report. I use this method all the time when developing a new report with multiple tabs.
Another method that can be used to copy a chart within a single report is to click on the chart, select Properties, and then select Clone. A copy of the chart will appear just slightly offset from the original one. You can use your mouse to drag the cloned chart either to a new position on the same tab or drag it to one of the other tabs at the top of the report and, when you see the curved arrow appear, release the mouse button and the chart will now be on the other tab.